Tuesday, April 6, 2010

We now have the power to put our garden images where we want!

OK, this has nothing to do with gardening. It has to do with an annoyance I, and I'm sure many of you have also had, who use Blogger. Before, when an image was placed, it was forced to be at the top. You could not place it where you wanted, or if you could, it was not a simple process.

Today as I was looking at my blog settings page, I noticed under "Select Post Editor", that there's an option to select "updated editor". And voila, now I can place images where I want them! Not only that, I can resize them and move them around.

Another bonus - with the old editor, when you save drafts of your posts, and then publish them for instance the next day, the day you started writing your blog was used, not the date published. Now it shows the published date.
Don't know why I wasn't informed of this change. Maybe I was but I missed the notice. Anyway, I'm happy about it and I'm sure my fellow Bloggers are too.

Now if only we could add captions ...

2 comments:

  1. Hi GP - thanks for this tip. One of the frustrations I have had was that the uploading of photos was not as simplified as I would like. Just changed the settings on my blog - can't wait to see how it works out with my next posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to be of help. As a sometime graphic designer, the picture thing really bugged me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails