|My cat, Mini, loves |
stomping around in my garden!
I think the trick is to not expect perfection and to plan ahead. That being said, here are my top 5 organic gardening tips.
- Mulch - mulching keeps weeds at bay and helps to keep moisture in the ground.
- Don't leave bare spaces - weeds always seem to find that bare patch of garden. Plant something or mulch.
- Location, location, location - choose a spot with suitable light, whether full sun, partial sun or shade.
- Companion plant - different combinations of plants help each other. Companion planting can attract beneficial insects and deter harmful pests. In fact, you can mix flowers with your vegetables!
- Good soil - soil with lots of organic matter is best.