Friday, December 11, 2015

Ontario 1st North American Jursdiction To Reduce Acres Planted with Neonicontinoid Pesticides

It's been a while since I posted. But I'm back!

Photo by Steve A. Johnson under the Creative Commons Attribution License 2.0.
So, in July 2015, my home province of Ontario voted to reduce acres planted with Neonictids, which I wrote about in my previous post. Do you think my blog post was so well shared and respected that it had an influence? Probably not! But hey, every bit counts.

The ruling apparently covers coated corn and soybean seeds. The goal is to reduce usage by 80% by 2017. And after 2017, farmers that wish to use Neonicontinoid Pesticides, must prove that they have a pest problem.

We've joined the European Union and other countries in this effort to save our bees and ultimately ourselves. Makes me feel proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails